Airsoft Pistols are battery-powered projectile shooters used during airsoft games. There are many types of airsoft pistols out there with different features and functions; this can make it difficult to choose the best one. The best solution to this is to carry out extensive research while taking some factors into consideration. Here is a thoroughly reviewed list of some of the best airsoft pistols currently on the market.
|Elite Force Full Metal 1911||Evike|
|KJW M9 FULL METAL||Evike|
|Elite Force GLOCK 17 Gen.4||Evike|
|Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1||Evike|
5 best airsoft pistols reviewed
1. Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 – Best Performance Airsoft Pistol
Developed by the Japanese Company Tokyo Marui, the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 is often regarded as the best airsoft pistol in terms of performance. This is mainly due to its enhanced shooting consistency, cycling speed, and FPS stability, which are often used as benchmarks for other airsoft pistols. It is made with a material known as ABS plastic which makes it ultra-lightweight for easier mobility.
It features an incredible high-kick and blowback locking, which makes it one of the most realistic airsoft pistols when shot. It also provides you with more control. With the aid of the Hi-Grouping barrel stabilization and the Hop-Up system, the pistol is able to provide one of the best accuracy and shooting range. Its magazine is capable of holding up to 31 rounds of BBs.
When used with quality HFC 134A, it can maintain a 280 FPS, and when running green gas, it maintains a steady 2 to 4 FPS. It is easily customizable, and there is a wide range of aftermarket upgrade components available. You can upgrade both the internal and external parts.
- High-strength polymer slide and frame.
- Optional 20mm lower accessory rail.
- Double stack magazine.
- Stamped style markings.
- Adjustable rear sights.
- Realistic blowback action with Hi-Grouping barrel stabilization and the Hop-Up system.
- It has a sturdy build.
- It has a big magazine capacity capable of holding 31 rounds of BBs.
- It is very accurate due to its Hi-Grouping barrel stabilization and the Hop-Up system.
- It has a great FPS of about 280 to 350.
- It also has a good range with its adjustable metal sights.
- It is lightweight, so it can be more easily controlled.
- Good gas efficiency (due to plastic slide).
- Plastic Slides could break down when used with propane.
Read our full review of the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 pistol here!
2. Elite Force Fully Licensed GLOCK 17 Gen.4 – Best Gas Blowback Pistol
Licensed by the renowned Glock company, this airsoft pistol features all the logos and roll marks that can be found on the real steel version of the pistol. Glock is a global brand with its products (mainly firearms) being regarded as some of the best in the world due to their amazing performance and firepower. This particular airsoft pistol is no different: it offers incredible performance at an affordable price.
The Glock 17 features one 12g CO2 cartridge enclosed in the complete steel magazine. Comfortability is one of the main factors taken into consideration for the design of this gun. It offers a natural resting point for the thumb with the aid of the indentations in the grip. Together with the real textured grip, it makes it easier to hone in on targets. It features a dual recoil spring for enhanced and fast cycles. All these make it one of the best CO2 blowback airsoft pistols out there.
- Lightweight, rugged injection molded polymer frame w/aluminium alloy slide.
- It is fully licensed by GLOCK with complete roll marks on the slide and logos molded to the frame.
- FPS Range is around 290-310.
- Traditional GLOCK sights.
- Adjustable Hop-Up.
- Functional GLOCK trigger safety.
- GLOCK Gen.4 rough texture technology for improved slip-resistant grip.
- GLOCK accessory rail.
- Realistic gas blowback to simulate recoil and slide cycling.
- Magazine capacity is 20 rounds.
- Indentations in the grip make it more comfortable to shoot.
- Features slip-resistant grip.
- Adjustable Hop-Up for improved accuracy.
- Upper metal frame for improved durability and recoil.
- It works like an actual Glock gun.
- Barrel Piece might break down fast.
Read our full review of the GLOCK 17 Gen.4 gas blowback pistol here!
3. Elite Force Full Metal 1911 – Best CO2 Airsoft Pistol
The Elite Force Full Metal 1911 is generally regarded as the best CO2 airsoft pistol on the market. It is also one of the most realistic pistols out there with its full metal build. It features an ultra-realistic slide action that makes shooting more comfortable. It comes with a magazine capacity of 14 rounds with an extra one in the hold and a threaded tip of 14mm. It also features an adjustable Hop-Up that will help provide improved control and accuracy when shooting.
The Elite Force Full Metal 1911 comes with basically everything you would want in an airsoft pistol. Its colors can also be easily customized. It has a drop-free magazine for its rounds of airsoft BBs. Its metal build helps provide a realistic blowback action for an authentic shooting experience.
- Full Metal Construction.
- 20mm Underside Rail great for Tactical Accessories.
- Threaded Orange Tip.
- FPS is 345.
- CO2 Power Source (CO2 not included).
- Magazine capacity is 15 rounds.
- Adjustable Hop-Up.
- Ultra-realistic airsoft pistol.
- Metal construction makes it very durable.
- Adjustable Hop-Up gives you greater accuracy and control.
- Threaded barrels for mock suppressors.
- Easy to load CO2 cartridges.
- High FPS for a pistol.
- The magazine is a bit hard to load, so you might have to get a speed loader.
- The paint wears off quickly.
- Low magazine capacity.
Read our full review of the Elite Force Full Metal 1911 CO2 pistol here!
4. Colt M1911A1 – Best Spring Pistol
The Colt M1911A1 is the 100th-anniversary edition airsoft pistol designed by the Colt company. It is designed to provide an ultra-realistic gun feel with its high-performance single-shot sidearm designed for battle. This incredible pistol comes with few breakable parts as a result of its highly reliable spring-powered shooting.
The pistol comes with a BAX system to provide improved accuracy for long-range shooting. Its magazine capacity is 13 rounds, and it has a FPS of 310 for 0.2 BBs. It is built with a high-quality polymer frame.
- No gas or battery is required to operate / power.
- Polymer Frame with a heavyweight metal slide.
- 1:1 True scale with realistic slide action.
- Detachable magazine / on-frame safety.
- Serrated slide.
- It comes with a non-adjustable Hop-Up.
- It comes with a magazine capacity of 12 rounds.
- FPS is 325.
- Great FPS of 325.
- It is very durable due to its polymer frame and heavyweight metal parts.
- It is a little inaccurate with its non-adjustable Hop-Up and poor sights.
- It features a cheaply-built magazine with a small capacity, slightly poor loading mechanism, stiff, difficult to rack the slide.
Read our full review of the Colt M1911A1 spring pistol here!
5. KJW M9 FULL METAL – Most Realistic Airsoft Pistol
The KJW M9 Full Metal Airsoft Pistol is generally considered the most realistic airsoft pistol on the market these days. This is because it is a direct copy of the real Beretta M9 gun. The two are so similar that it can be hard to tell them apart, but slight differences can be seen in the design of the airsoft pistol, one of them being the tactical rail in the frame.
The pistol was introduced as one of the “PTP” series of M9 gas blowback by the KJW company. This particular model is sometimes used by the United States military and law enforcement during training because of its incredible performance and realistic design. It features a full metal slide and frame, frame safety, Hop-Up, magazine release, rear grip, and so on. The airsoft pistol has one of the most metal components on any pistol available these days. Its internal components come with the latest reinforcement parts, which are durable enough to handle the usage of gases like CO2, red gas, and propane.
- Full Metal Heavy Weight New Version Aluminum Slide and Frame.
- Hard Kick Blowback Action / Working Realistic Hammer action.
- Standard Military Type Tactical Grip.
- Ambidextrous on frame safety.
- Built-in front & rear sight with high visibility white dot.
- It has reinforced metal steel parts on the entire pistol.
- On Slide Serration.
- FPS is 340.
- Magazine capacity is 25 rounds plus one in the hold.
- Easy to get a replacement and upgrade parts due to how popular the manufacturer is.
- Great accuracy and control because of its white dot sights and tactical grip.
- It is very durable since it is full metal.
- Most realistic since it is designed to be a direct copy of the real Beretta M9.
- It can handle high-pressure gases like propane, CO2, and red gas since its internal components are mostly made of reinforcement parts.
- It has an ambidextrous safety, which can be used with either hand.
- The grip might be somewhat wide for small-handed people.
- CO2 magazines protrude when used in the pistol.
Read our full review of the KJW M9 pistol here!
Buying Guide: Factors You Should Consider When Choosing an Airsoft Pistol
Due to the wide range of airsoft pistol options on the market, it can be challenging to choose the best one. Here are some factors you should consider when choosing an airsoft pistol;
Choosing the Best Type of Airsoft Pistol
There are three main types of airsoft pistols available on the market. They all have different principles of operations as well as their pros and cons. When you are choosing an airsoft pistol, it is important that you know these types of airsoft pistols and what they can offer you. The three types include;
Gas Powered Airsoft Pistol
Gas-powered airsoft pistols are one of the most widely used types of airsoft pistols. It often has a smaller size compared to other types but features incredible performance. It is often powered by gases like Propane, CO2, or Red gas. The gases are often contained in an automatic handgun magazine. It can be fully automatic or semi-automatic. There are two main types of gas-powered airsoft pistol, they include;
- Blowback Pistol: This type is more closely related to automatic sidearms. With this type of airsoft pistol, the slide of the gun recoils backward every time it is shot to provide a realistic cycling action. It is also a bit louder than the other type. The Elite Force Fully Licensed GLOCK 17 Gen.4 is definitely the best choice for you if you are interested in a blowback pistol.
- Non-blowback Pistol: This type of gas-powered airsoft pistol comes with a fixed slide but roughly the same accuracy, power, and FPS as blowback pistols. However, their operations are less realistic than blowback pistols. They are quieter, and no recoil will be felt when fired.
It should be noted that gas-powered airguns have been known to become inconsistent as the gases fade. They also become a bit unreliable in cold weather. The Elite Force Full Metal 1911 is generally regarded as the best CO2 airsoft pistol on the market.
Electric Airsoft Pistol
Electric airsoft pistols are designed in a similar way to electric rifles, but they can use double A batteries in place of the rechargeable LiPo batteries found in the rifles. However, there are a number of electric airsoft pistols that use rechargeable batteries, but these are from high-end manufacturers. It can also be fully automatic or semi-automatic. We also have both blowback and non-blowback pistols similar to the gas-powered airsoft pistols.
While it generally has less power than gas-powered airsoft pistols, it can work perfectly in cold weather.
Spring Powered Airsoft Pistol
Spring-powered airsoft pistols are generally the most affordable type of airsoft pistols. Their principle of operation is pretty simple. They require neither battery nor gases. However, they are single-shot pistols which mean you have to manually cock the pistol after you take a shot. They are the ideal choice for beginners and are great for learning how to shoot airsoft pistols. If you are interested in getting a Spring-powered airsoft pistol, then the Colt M1911A1 is the best choice for you.
What is a Hi-Capa Pistol?
Hi-Capa airsoft pistols are pistols that are designed as a copy of the Colt 1911. They are designed to be high-capacity pistols optimized for speed, accuracy, and reliability. The leading brand for this type of pistol is Tokyo Marui (TM). Some of the key variations found in this type of pistols include their widened magazine designed for faster and easier reloading, lighter slides for faster cycling, lighter trigger pull, and enhanced sights. The TM Hi-Capa 4.3 refers to a Hi-Capa with a 4.3-inch barrel, while the TM Hi-Capa 5.1 has a 5.1-inch barrel.
If you are interested in getting a Hi-Capa airsoft pistol, you should definitely go for the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 as it is regarded as the best performance airsoft pistol on the market.
How Many Rounds Of BBs can An Airsoft Pistol Hold? Capacity
Another important factor you should take into consideration when you are choosing an airsoft pistol is the magazine capacity. Generally, it is always advisable you go for the pistol with the bigger capacity.
Thirty rounds of BBs will help you stay in the game longer than just six rounds.
Sometimes, a higher magazine capacity will help make up for poor accuracy. It can also help a lot when engaging multiple opponents by providing you with more ammunition without having to stop and reload. If you are looking for an airsoft pistol with the best magazine capacity, you should check out the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1.
What Are Airsoft Pistols made Of?
The most common construction materials for airsoft pistols are Polymer and Metal. Pistols with metal bodies are generally considered to be more durable and can withstand more wear and tear than the polymer type. However, there are some strong polymers that can also be very durable.
When you are going for a polymer-type airsoft pistol, choose one from a quality manufacturer that will use strong polymers. But if you are looking for better durability, you should go for the metal ones.
Are Airsoft Pistols Compatible with Holsters?
A holster is a device used to hold and carry around a pistol. When you are choosing an airsoft pistol, an important factor to consider is its holster compatibility. However, there are many types of holsters out there with varying styles and uses.
You have to check if the pistol you are choosing is compatible with a particular type of holster. You should also check if the holster is the type you want in terms of where it goes — shoulder rigs, side carry, leg thigh rigs, etc.
How Airsoft Pistols Can Be Customized
Airsoft pistols can be customized both internally and externally. Generally, internal customization is hidden from the outside view, but it is often used to enhance the performance of an airsoft pistol.
External customizations, on the other hand, include basically everything about the appearance of the pistol. You can normally customize the color, grip, and optics of your airsoft pistol.
What attachments are available for airsoft pistols
There are many attachments available for airsoft pistols. They include:
- Suppressors and Silencers.
- Airsoft magazines.
- Airsoft flashlight, laser, and night vision.
- Lens Protectors
- Spotting sights
- Holographic sights
- Telescopic sights and scopes
- Grips and stocks
- Flash hiders
- Airsoft rails
- Outer barrels
The Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 is the best performance airsoft pistol on this list. It has a magazine capacity of 30 rounds (greater than most airsoft pistols), a sturdy build, adjustable sights for improved accuracy, and accessory rails to hold your attachments. It also has a High FPS of about 280 to 350.
The Elite Force Fully Licensed GLOCK 17 Gen.4 is the first runner up in this list as the Best Gas Blowback Pistol, and the second runner up is theElite Force Full Metal 1911 as the Best CO2 Airsoft Pistol.
The Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 provides you with the best performance during your airsoft games. It will ensure great accuracy, control, gas efficiency, and customizability needed to get the edge over your opponents.